April 9, 2015

Slick Willie is in town

I am supposed to be attending a conference today, a vendor produced, energy industry-focused sort of affair.  Instead, I am in the office putting out fires and hoping that I will be able to make some of the afternoon sessions, and at the least, be there for the keynote address.

The fact that the keynote speaker is none other than Bill Clinton, is a head-scratcher.  The Clinton Foundation focuses on issues of climate change, health, and female equality around the globe.  I can't help but wonder what the topic of Mr. Clinton's speech will be.  Will he lecture a roomful of energy industry leaders on climate change?  Or will he choose to address the male-dominated industry on matters of letting the girls have a seat at the table?  If nothing else, I expect it will be entertaining.  I am a little fan-girlish at the thought of hearing that trademark Clinton chortle in person.  Clinton is kind of like that dingbat philandering uncle that you know is full of shit, but you still love to sit around and listen to his stories.

I have to get back to work, so I can get out of here in time to pick up a cigar to go with the blue dress I am wearing.  I can't afford a Gurkha, but I only want something that I can sneak into a picture, should a photo op present itself.

2 comments:

CenTexTim said...

Love to see you and your stogie photo bomb Hillary's main squeeze...

Mel said...

+1 on Tim's comment. Good luck on the photo op. Maybe it'll get you a seat at the table.