December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas

As the midnight hour approaches, I have a rare hour of peace.  The youngest two are in bed, the oldest two are off to church, and, there is little pressing at the moment, other than the quick distribution of Santa's gifts for the big reveal in the morning.  That tradition slightly altered by the plastic fence material stretched between two chairs, blocking the Labradors from the Christmas tree.

The stockings and Santa's cookies have been placed out of reach from the pooches.  I contemplated re-decorating the bottom half of the tree, but then thought that we would spend Christmas morning chasing down dogs with glass balls in their mouths.  It will be more fun to explain the half-decorated tree and fence in my living room, when the pictures are viewed years from now.

I am thankful to have my family at home, to be blessed with good health, happiness, and wonderful friends and family.  I hope that each of you spends this Christmas season making memories with those that you care about.

Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

InsomniacSeeker said...

I hope you had a Merry Christmas. Thank you for the Christmas Card.