November 7, 2014

Painting a target on their back.

I have, in my life, seen some startling examples of loyalty - both misplaced and earned.  I understand fully the meaning of the adage "blood is thicker than water", having seen people stick by family members that were clearly adulterers, liars, and criminals.

As a former Army wife, I have witnessed the camaraderie and brotherhood of those who train and fight alongside one another.  I have also seen the deadbeats and jerks who populate the military - but, as with society, they tend to self-destruct and fade away.

I don't understand what is going on with SEAL Team Six.  Granted, the men making waves are former members, but as a whole, everyone I have ever known that was a member of any sort of elite military force was honorable, committed, and obedient, honoring the secrecy that comes with the sort of missions they are tasked with, even when their service ended.

It is distasteful to me that two former members are trying to profit off of their stories of the mission that (presumably) resulted in the death of Osama Bin Laden.  I don't feel that it is necessary for the American public, or the world, to know who actually pulled the trigger.  I think they are idiots for exposing themselves, and can't help but think it is simply a matter of time before they become targets themselves.

No comments: