November 24, 2014

FOD

Golf count: 47/204.  He squeezed in a round in sunny Las Vegas.  Sources say he was greeted warmly by the course grounds crew.

SECDEF Chuck Hagel is out.  Not sure that I care if he was forced out or quit.

I think Obama took a shot at Hillary on Sunday when he commented about the next presidential election:
Speaking with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, Obama said in picking a new leader, Americans will "want to drive something off the lot that doesn't have as much mileage as me."
Obama spoke in the context of saying complimentary things about Hillary Clinton. She was "an outstanding secretary of state," Obama said, and is "a friend" who would be "a formidable candidate" and "a great president." Still, Obama stopped short of actually expressing support for a Clinton run. "I am very interested in making sure that I've got a Democratic successor," Obama said, adding that Clinton or whoever else wins the Democratic nomination will inevitably adopt some policies that are different from Obama's. "One of the benefits of running for president is you can stake out your own positions ... and have a clean slate, a fresh start," Obama explained. "I think the American people, they're going to want, you know, that new car smell."
He didn't mention Joe, but I would guess that he has too many miles on him, as well, to fall into the 'new car smell' candidate category.

I am not sure when the tide turned, and I recognize that Saturday Night Live has long used political fodder for their comedic bits, and yet, the shots they are taking seem to be different, somehow.  Here is Saturday's opening bit, a parody of the School House Rock song that is now stuck in my head.  I love that the executive order is a smoker, and the bill keeps tumbling down the Capitol Building stairs, a la Eddie Murphy's Aunt Bunny.


No comments: