June 27, 2014

The thought that got away

I had a really great post idea this morning.  I remember where I was and what I was doing when I was thinking about it, and said to myself, 'I will write about that as soon as I sit down at my desk'.

Here I am, but the thought is gone.  I didn't write it down, which, at my age, is proving to be the best way to preserve my sanity when it comes to grocery lists, to-do lists, and blog post ideas.

Maybe it will come back to me, but who knows.  It is frustrating because, unlike grocery or to-do lists, it might never come back.  If I forget an item on the grocery list, it will eventually be discovered when we run out, or a child asks me where their favorite snack item is.  If it is something I need to do, that thought comes back too, as life and circumstances reveal it.  But, blog posts ideas, like poetry, art, music - they are fleeting at times, and I might never think of it again.

In the absence of a real post, I will wish you all a happy Friday!  Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Mel said...

TGIF and a great weekend to you. Now, where did I put that honey do list? :-)