February 23, 2014

Outta Gas

The weather is nice, the chore list is long, but I just can't seem to find the energy to do anything.

I have several projects that need to be started (and finished), but I keep finding excuses to delay them.  Procrastination usually isn't my style, but I have become an expert the past few weeks.  The Olympics have provided a nice cover story, but the clock is ticking on that one.  All that remains is the tape delay broadcast of the closing ceremonies, then I am minus one good excuse.

The weather cleared, but still isn't quite warm enough for a couple of tasks.  Unfortunately, my other go-to excuse has been the disaster otherwise known as our garage.  Christmas, Boy Scout camping trips in the mud, and the clutter of things that must be hidden from Labrador puppies have multiplied into a scene from a hoarding reality show.  I really need my workbench cleared.  And Bang is set to begin work on his Eagle Scout project that will command some open space.

Gah.  Guess it is time to embrace the suck and dive into the 'indoor' madness, since the outdoor chores are on the cusp of their season, and trying to do both will be overwhelming.

Hmmm.  Maybe I should have a Shiner and make a plan of attack.  Yeah, that's the ticket, I haven't planned it out yet, so I will work on that and get started next weekend...

No comments: