December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas

I told my husband the other day, that the frustration of shopping for each other, and our older kids, is caused by an embarrassment of riches - there isn't anything we need, and the wants are limited.  And we aren't wealthy by any American standard.  It is good to know that we are happy and (mostly) content with what we have earned in this life so far.  I hope that the gathering of family, celebrating with friends, and picking out thoughtful gifts, rather than expensive ones, are the things that will leave a mark on my children's memories.

I hope that wherever you are in the world, and in life, that this Christmas day finds you at peace, surrounded by those you love, remembering fondly the days that have passed and looking forward to those yet to come.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

1 comment:

CenTexTim said...

And the same to you!