December 18, 2013

I See Stupid People

No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  This time of year is frantic to begin with, and this year seems busier than most.

I have decided that part of the issue is the proliferation of stupid people.  They seem to be everywhere.  School, work, public places.  It is almost like something has empowered all of the stupid people to come out and declare their stupidity with words and actions. 

I can't count the number of times over the past few weeks, that I have stood in shocked silence, jaw on the floor, shaking my head, at some of the stupid antics on display.  Driving, shopping, working - I can't avoid the stupid.

Is there a way to shield myself from it?  I generally hang around with people that I like, respect, and think are pretty smart.  Is this the universe's way of making me even more grateful for the smart people in my life?

As I have said before, stupidity should be painful - then maybe it wouldn't come out to play so much.

2 comments:

InsomniacSeeker said...

Tomorrow is "punch someone in the throat Thursday", if that's any help at all.

Titan Mk6B said...

I know what you mean. I moved out to the country to avoid the stupid that I encountered in town - less people = less stupid was the hope. And that is what I found. But, there is still stupid. I guess it cannot be eliminated completely.

One bonus. The stupid is funnier.