November 30, 2013

The Witch in 7A

Elan was on a delayed Thanksgiving flight on which some woman made an ass of herself by loudly informing the flight crew of how important her life and plans were, with no regard for the rest of the passengers or crew.  Elan tweeted about it during the flight, read the whole thing here.

Here is a close up of the writing on the coaster when he sent her a glass of wine:



I think that the sentiment he displayed on the coaster was perfect.  I wish he would have stuck with it, and kept it biting and clean-ish, but I wasn't on that plane, and I can't say that the whole thing wouldn't have sent me over the edge and caused me to respond in a similar fashion.

It would have been awesome to be on this flight.  Seriously, I can't believe that no one intervened to help this guy out.  Just a little humor and additional cooperation would have likely led to a less crude, yet just as effective, interaction.

After the whole ordeal was over, Elan wrote a bit of a reflection on being kind to one another and treating people in service positions with dignity and respect:
I don’t care what’s going on with you: Don’t be rude to people who are doing their job. 
Don’t do it.
Don’t dismiss them. Don’t act like they are less than you. Don’t abuse them just because you’re the customer and “The Customer Is Always Right.”
If you’re the customer, you’re only right if you’re kind, polite and positively thankful.
If you’re not, you’re a jerk, and that’s the bottom line.
Absolutely.  

1 comment:

InsomniacSeeker said...

I laughed so hard while I was reading this yesterday.