October 22, 2013

Parenting Fail

Each day, as Crash waits to be released to go home at the end of the school day, his class has 'free draw'.  After they have put away their study tools and prepared their backpack to go home, they are allowed to sit quietly at their desks and draw until they are dismissed.  Nearly every day, sweet little Crash gets into the car with a piece of construction paper in his fist, anxious to tell us about what he drew that day.

Yesterday as the kids got in the car, they were all smiling, albeit for different reasons.  Crash climbed in and thrust today's art work toward me, as Bang started laughing and The Princess started tattling.



Yes, you probably read that right.  The word bubble contains the phrase 'Holy Shet'.  And yes, he meant what you think he meant, he just doesn't spell great yet.

As I started to reprimand him, he spoke those magic words that make it hard to parent effectively in a situation such as this...'But you say it, Mom.'

Yes, child, yes I do.  And, the presentation of this drawing, and the knowledge of what conversations I could be having with his teacher, or other school staff members, had they seen the drawing, make the caption more apropos than I would like to admit.

I admit it, I swear like a sailor.  But, c'mon, I don't smoke, I drink in very reasonable moderation - I deserve a vice.  Kids these days just don't buy into the 'because I say so' model of parenting the way they should.  

3 comments:

KatWA55 said...

Yep. Kids are God's mirrors. They have the audacity to reflect back to us just what we don't want to see about ourselves.

Titan Mk6B said...

Redd Foxx had a similar joke about a mother's child and a word that started with F.

InsomniacSeeker said...

I wouldn't know what to do if I couldn't cuss like a sailor.