September 4, 2013

Rotting in hell

Happy to wake up this morning to the news that Ariel Castro has saved the taxpayers a chunk of change by hanging himself in his cell.

I don't understand why things like 'suicide watch' even exist in prison - well, outside of people that we need to be waterboarding for information, that is.

Otherwise, why do we try so hard to preserve the lives of criminals?  Why do we feed, clothe and provide medical care for those who have robbed others of their lives and livelihoods?  And why make it hard on suicidal criminals?  Hell, issue some rope or a cyanide tablet to them when they check in to the jail. 

I suppose some might want to see people rot in a cell, purportedly so they can spend years thinking about what they did.   As a kid, I spent my fair share of time banished to my room to 'think about' what I had done..gotta say, the mind wanders.  I doubt that people who have shed morality for a life of crime suddenly have an attack of conscience just because they are locked in a cell. 

Good riddance to Castro, and may those women he raped and tortured find some peace knowing that he is gone.

3 comments:

CenTexTim said...

He can have a seat by the fire next to Jesus Flores, who was beat to death by the father of the five year old girl that Flores was caught molesting.

Saved the state the cost of a trial, room and board, etc.

Anonymous said...

Almost makes you want to put a flower on his grave. I said almost but I'd piss on it!
Mel.

CenTexTim said...

Mel - I'll buy you a beer to get you started.