July 23, 2013

The older I get...

...the less I like people.

Yet, I find myself to be more forgiving, which, I suppose, comes from the life lesson of learning what is truly important in life, versus what is going piss me off for a day or two.

I held a mean grudge in my younger years.  Some still linger, even if I can't remember the original reason for the discord.  Flipping through my high school yearbook the other night, I was surprised to feel strong emotions for people whose names I really didn't remember until reading the captions, then I would remark, "She was such a bitch".  I suppose it is a good thing that I have never had any desire to attend a high school reunion.

It has long been my goal to reach an age where it would be acceptable to speak like the character Ouiser Boudreaux from the movie Steel Magnolias. Blunt, and brutally honest, yet those closest to her know she has a kind heart. 
I'm not crazy, I've just been in a very bad mood 40 years! 
Don't try to get on my good side, Truvy. I no longer have one!  
I am pleasant! Dammit! I just saw Drum Eatenton this mornin at the Piggly Wiggly and I smiled at the son of a bitch for I couldn't help myself! 

Perhaps my aversion to people has more to do with realizing that life is too short to deal with assholes. 

No comments: