July 26, 2013

RINO isn't even accurate anymore

As a former prosecutor who was appointed by President George W. Bush on Sept. 10, 2001, I just want us to be really cautious, because this strain of libertarianism that’s going through both parties right now and making big headlines, I think, is a very dangerous thought,” Christie said.

“You can name any one of them that’s engaged in this,” he said. “I want them to come to New Jersey and sit across from the widows and the orphans and have that conversation. … I’m very nervous about the direction this is moving in.”

Christie acknowledged that there will always be mistakes when it comes to national security and protecting privacy, but said Americans need to stay focused on what’s at stake.

He dismissed some of the current privacy/national security debates as “esoteric.”

I've never been accused of being esoteric, which, as I learned it, and have reaffirmed with Merriam-Webster, means:
1a : designed for or understood by the specially initiated alone b : requiring or exhibiting knowledge that is restricted to a small group
2a : limited to a small circle b : private, confidential
3: of special, rare, or unusual interest
I don't think that people concerned with the protections offered by our Constitution are a small or rare group.  Would Christie like to sit down across from the widows and children of our military members that have fought and died to protect our freedoms?  Freedoms that (were supposed to) include not being constantly watched and monitored by our own government?

Is Christie, and D.C. for that matter, in a bubble?  Do they really believe that conservative Americans are so few and far between?  Do they truly think that libertarianism is a bad thing?  I thought these were educated people?

I liked this comment that followed the story:
Getting foreign policy advice from a New Jersey governor is like getting medical advice from an auto mechanic.
Except I trust my mechanic more than I trust politicians, and he has enough common sense to give decent medical advice...

1 comment:

CenTexTim said...

Christie ceased to have any credibility with me when he went public with his romance with Obama.