May 3, 2013

Into the fray

I find it ridiculous that 15-year old's may soon be able to purchase Plan B over the counter. 

Children who are NOT allowed to buy spray paint, permanent markers, rubber cement, tobacco, an 'M' rated video game, or lottery tickets, can buy a drug that prevents pregnancy after an un- or under-protected sexual encounter. 

For the record, I don't think 15-year old's should be knocking boots to begin with.  If they feel they are mature enough to have a sexual relationship, and they have some sort of birth control mishap, then surely they are also mature enough to discuss the matter with an adult, preferably a parent, and seek appropriate medically-guided intervention. 

How do you verify a 15-year old's age?  Does a school ID card work?  Maybe their report card?

I won't pretend that the moral implications don't bug me, they do - but I am more ticked off about the government intervention in parenting (and non-parenting, such as it were).

I can go to jail if my 15-year old misses too many school days.

I am legally responsible for debts incurred by my 15-year old.

Yet the government thinks that young teenagers should have unfettered and un-parented access to powerful, bodily-function altering drugs.

The proponents say that teen pregnancy will go down!  What they don't say is what will happen to teen sex rates.  Free condoms at school, and Plan B for when they fail.  Geez, what is this world coming to?

2 comments:

CenTexTim said...

I've long been amazed? stunned? flabbergasted? that a girl needs to be at least 18 to get tattooed, pierced, or have any sort of medial procedure, with one glaring exception.

She can get an abortion without parental consent - or even knowledge.

I have no idea what this world is coming to , but IMO it's headed in the wrong damn direction.

jeffli6 said...

Moral decay instilled upon the youth of America by the progessives play book. It is all a plan.
Communist Agenda List:

#26 - Present homosexuality, degeneracy, and promiscuity as "normal, natural, and healthy."