April 24, 2013

Wednesday Comic Relief

I don't know about you, but this week has been a real load of shit so far.  Two people got "let go" at work, one no loss but the other heartbreaking and unexpected.  Funny what an unexpected employee purge does to productivity.  The parking lot has never been so full at 5:15 pm.

The guy that didn't get fired is the one whose job I do for him, but if I am to believe science, it is my fault for being smart.
Stupidity can increase efficiency, claims Mats Alvesson, professor of organization studies at Lund University in Sweden. In a Journal of Management Studies article titled "A Stupidity-Based Theory of Organisations" Alvesson and colleague Andr√© Spicer explain how what they call "functional stupidity" generally helped get things done. "Critical reflection and shrewdness" were net positives, but when too many clever individuals in an organization raised their hands to suggest alternative courses of action or to ask "disquieting questions about decisions and structures," work slowed. 
I need to perfect my drooling idiot personna.

Anyway, I think we can all use some mid-week comic relief.  Amazingly, this is a K-Mart ad.  We don't have a K-Mart, they all closed down years ago, and the nearest one is about 200 miles away.  Even then, I don't think I have set foot in a K-Mart for at least 18 years, so I can't really speak to any improvements in product quality or shopping experience.  What I can say is that their marketing department has a great sense of humor.  Sure, it is childish, but it made me laugh...(you can skip the ad after 5 seconds)

No comments: