February 2, 2013

Early Spring

For reasons I can't really explain, other than my 5-year old was up at 6:15 am and we were talking about it, I found myself in front of the television watching the live coverage of the American 'tradition'(?) of Groundhog Day.

He did not see his shadow, which only happens 14% of the time, thereby predicting an early spring.

Those folks in the crowd sure looked cold, so I am sure early spring is welcome news.  Or they could live in a part of the country where it is warmer year round.  Just sayin'.

It was kind of nice to sit on the couch snuggled up with Crash, watching the fat little fur ball on TV twitch his nose while a bunch of people who are waaaay too emotionally invested in the process anxiously await the announcement coming at the end of a ridiculously rhymed verse, read by a man in a top hat.  Though, given a thermos of spiked warm beverage, I could probably get into it to. 

While I can play along with the whole groundhog schtick, there is one thing that I can't quit chuckling about; the name of the site where Punxsutawney Phil is showcased for all the world to see in HD glory...


1 comment:

CharlieDelta said...

I once had a girlfriend with those skills mastered. She wasn't from PA though...