January 26, 2013

Putting them in their place

Dear Fox News, Drudge Report, and The Blaze (and all those left-leaning sites that I won't name):

Please stop putting the TMZ-ish entertainment and Hollywood gossip crap with the actual news.  I am sick to death of scrolling through the supposed headlines and seeing topics that have no business among the news of the world.

I do not care if Taylor Swift got breast implants.
I do not want to see actresses without their war paint on.
I do not care about American Idol, or lip-synching, or gay comic book characters.

If I did want to read about these topics, I would expect to find them in a section aptly titled 'Meaningless Entertainment Piffle' or even what the local fishwrap calls 'Life and Arts'.  And while the 'Squirrel Stalked by Leopard' video is funny, I don't think it should get top billing right under the story of a military leader getting screwed by Obama.

I would like to think that you have sprinkled this drivel among the real news in an attempt to get more shallow people interested in the things that impact their lives.  Valiant effort, but it annoys the hell out of smart people.  Please stop.

2 comments:

CharlieDelta said...

AMEN to that! Entertainment 'news' is not news and it doesn't belong anywhere on a conservative site if they desire any credibility or respect. It doesn't even belong at the bottom of the site's page.

If I cared about the whores in Hollywierd or any other garbage that those freaks in fantasyland do (which I don't) I would read the National Enquirer or some other ridiculously stupid publication like it.

It's that ol' government-politico complex thing doing its best to keep the masses distracted from what they're really doing behind the scenes and behind our backs in Washington DeCeit...

CenTexTim said...

Don't forget football players with imaginary girlfriends...