December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas

A very merry Christmas to you and yours, wherever you are on this day. 

I do believe this is the first time in my life that there were thunderstorms on Christmas morning.  When my two youngest came running around 2:30 am, I thought they were going to want to open gifts, but, all they wanted was reassurance, a hug, and a spot in bed until they fell back to sleep.  That is just the sort of gift I needed this Christmas.

The rain continues, and if the forecasters are to be believed, around lunchtime it will turn to snow.  Of course, all that rain that is already on the ground will turn to ice, and the temps here tomorrow aren't supposed to get above freezing.  The day after Christmas promises to be a travel nightmare.

I am content, as the weather guarantees that my children will remain near me, snuggled up to watch new movies, gathered around the gaming system jockeying for position in virtual sports and contests (The Princess shaking her booty to Dance Central 3 and Just Dance 4 in ways that make her dad uncomfortable), and crowding around the table at meal time - safe, sound, happy, and together. 

I wish each of you whatever will bring you the most joy this holiday.  Life is fleeting and precious, live it to the fullest.  God Bless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

CenTexTim said...

Stay safe and warm...