December 31, 2012

FOD - 2012 Finale

At this time of the year I always enjoy the various 'look back' types of news stories.  The photo essays, the lists of major news stories, the notable births and deaths. I coulda-woulda-shoulda done some sort of comprehensive round up of all of the FOD-worthy things that the president has done this year, but, hell, I am only one person and that is a long list. 

Perhaps the best way to put Blowie's year in a nutshell is to look at where we are - in the popular term of the day - standing at the edge of the (fiscal) cliff.  No matter what happens in the next several hours, we have gone off it, in one way or another.

I think history should brand this president as the Great Procrastinator.  For all his community organizing experience, he doesn't seem to be able to do anything to move this country forward and he leaves the 'must do' things to the last minute.  Again, if I had the time and an unlimited amount of space, I could list all of the things he hasn't done this year, or the past four.  And, let's be honest, the prez had to cut his golfing-cation in Hawaii short, leaving his family behind, to come back to town to 'avert this crisis'.  If ever there was a time that he had every reason in the world to get the deal done, this was it.  I am sure he had his marching orders from Moochelle - '...You better get this done so it doesn't ever affect my vacation plans again...'.     

I suppose this inability to close the deal could be taken as a good sign in some other areas, since the president has vowed to put his 'full weight' behind an assault weapons ban.  If this fiscal cliff thing has his 'full weight' behind it, all he is capable of doing is giving us all a little push and watching as we fall.

3 comments:

InsomniacSeeker said...

If you went by weekly stats, you'd get 52 golf outings. I don't know why he wasted our money coming back from Hawaii early, when he's probably going to turn right around and go back tomorrow. Ugh. I can't believe we have to put up with 4 more years of this garbage. -Tina
HAPPY NEW YEAR, HARPER.

CenTexTim said...

Words fail me when it comes to discussing what the ditherer-in-chief can and cannot do.

All that's left to say is to wish you and yours a Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous 2013.

CharlieDelta said...

Happy New Year Harper! Hope to see y'all in 2013...