November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

Wishing you and yours a happy, healthy, restful, peaceful, filling, and victorious Thanksgiving.  If those seem like odd adjectives to describe the day, know that they reflect my life.  While I will enjoy the day with my immediate family, I do have a family member or two that will make the day less enjoyable. 

I wish everyone good health, as it seems like each day I hear of a friend or family member struggling with a medical issue.   

I have been working 12 - 14 hour days the past week and will do it again next week - so rest is welcomed, even as I am thankful that I have been given the gift of a new career in a field that is exploding with work. 

Peace, well, I have four kids that have been out of school for nearly a week now...

Filling- I have always been blessed with a family of good made-from-scratch cooks.  Now, I realize that some people may not know any different, and to them it tastes like the wonderful Thanksgiving feast that is synonymous with the day.  But, I experienced a bit of horror seeing how many people fill their shopping carts with canned gravy, boxed side dishes, chopped and formed meat, and frozen pies.  Whatever your family eats, I hope you enjoy it.

And, in an annual, twice per year house divided rivalry, the NFL placed the first Redskins defeating cowgirls game on this afternoon's schedule.  Victory shall be the best dessert.


1 comment:

InsomniacSeeker said...

HTTR! It's always good when the Redskins win, even better when they beat the Cowgirls, and especially wonderful when I watch it with a house full of cowgirl fans.
I went to see my Mom at the nursing home and helped her with her lunch instead of doing the family thing.
Glad you had a nice holiday and got some rest.
-tina