October 21, 2012

How to know when a guy is using you...

I don't recall saying much about the Sandra Fluke flak earlier this year.  While I think some political pundits went overboard in their name calling and jokes, I agree, in principle, with their distaste for her position.  I simply wasn't raised to speak publicly about the frequency of my sex life or demand that someone else pay for the responsibilities that come with it.

What bothered me most about the Fluke fiasco was how the Obama administration trotted her out like a show pony.  I am no feminist, but I think that she set womanhood back several years.  Hell, the fact that we have 'contraception activists' sets us all back.  It is hard to describe, but it seems to me that Ms Fluke has no clue that she is simply a pawn in the big Obamacare game.  No one really cares about her or her ability to have cheap birth control, it is all a big political game.  Yet, she clearly thinks she is important to the cause.

Fluke has continued her activism by campaigning for Obama
Sandra Fluke, the woman at the center of a media firestorm earlier this year after Rush Limbaugh called her a “slut,” spoke Saturday in front of about 10 people at the Sak ‘N Save in north Reno.
At a Sak 'N Save in Reno...

Next week she will be working the phone bank in Mingo Junction, Ohio.  Because she is so revered and valued by the Obama campaign.  Really.  Just ask her.

No comments: