October 24, 2012

Hope for Change

When I pull up Drudge today, every ad spot is a Romney/Ryan 'Clear Choice' ad.  Remember when it was just a handful of us hitting that link everyday? 

I am slammed today and will have to make do with swiping, what I hope to be, a decisive set of fact based opinions from Keith Koffler at White House Dossier, on why Romney will win big.  I am hoping, praying, desperately wanting to believe he is right...and I have to admit that my unease is letting up a bit, thinking we just might pull this one out.
  • The polls are moving Romney’s way. The Rasmussen tracking poll today shows Romney making a two-point jump to a four-point lead, 50-46 percent. He’s closing the gap or taking small leads swing states, and states like Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, where President Obama appeared to have a victory in hand, are now tossups.

  • Undecided voters tend to break for the challenger in presidential elections.

  • Beyond the polls, Republicans have enthusiasm on their side. Democrats are less dispirited than they were after the first debate, but their determination is nowhere near that of the GOP rank and file.

  • Romney has used the debates, including last night’s, to point out two bottom line facts that many people did not recognize before the contests: He is ready to be president, and Obama has failed across a broad array of areas, starting with the economy and ending with Iran.

  • Conservatives are now passionate about Romney. All previous apostasies are forgiven. They don’t just want him to beat Obama. They’ve grown to like him, and they’ll be at the polls in droves.

  • The campaigns both know Romney is winning. That is why last night Romney adopted aura of an incoming president and got down in the mud only when he felt he had to, and why Obama looked like a desperate candidate hoping to make every possible point he could think of to take down his opponent.

  • You. From you, I feel that passion from outside of Washington. It’s the same passion I felt before Republicans took the House in 2010. The Obama people don’t have access to this passion. And they don’t know what’s about to hit them.

1 comment:

Titan Mk6B said...

I am discovering that Romney is a lot smarter than I gave him credit for. I guess I never really thought about it but he could not be where he is in life without a whole lot of smarts. To me he seemed to be playing with obama in the last debate. I too am more optimistic than I was.