September 8, 2012

Mexican Word Clouds

I love the degrees of the internet, clicking through a site or link to find kindred souls scattered about the Gorenet makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.  This morning I discovered SooperMexican.  Good stuff over there.  This piece comparing the convention speeches of Ann Romney and Michelle Obama caught my attention:
A “word cloud” resizes the most used words in a body of text according to how many times they’re used. In the image below, I entered the entire text from Michelle’s speech tonight:
                 Now.. compare it to Ann Romney’s speech… pretty striking:


I like this word cloud exercise, and Sooper Mexican does it with various other speeches and the opposing party platforms.     

3 comments:

CenTexTim said...

FYI, the link to SooperMexican is broken.

Also, just in case you didn't know, you can do create word clouds yourself. Go here.

InsomniacSeeker said...

He is good. I follow him on twitter. -Tina

Harper said...

Fixed the link. My kids have done word clouds for school projects. It never occurred to me to plug a speech transcript in and see how it turned out.