August 15, 2012

Not sure whether to laugh or cry

We are headed out early today, delivering my first born to college, 204 miles away.  We have been dancing around the subject, agreeing to pretend she is headed off to camp and will be home in a few weeks.  She will be in Dallas for a football game in a month, so there is some truth in that fairy tale.  It will be quiet and strangely empty, though five of us remain.  She is my oldest, the one that has been with me through the births of her siblings, the dark days, the best of times.  For eighteen years she has been my baby - and I am going to miss her like hell.

So, I don't want to dwell on it.  The day will bring enough tears.  What we need is something to laugh about.  (Un)fortunately, we can always count on VP Biden to say or do something asinine for our entertainment.  I am sure you have heard his 'chains' comment, but did you see this gem, from the same campaign stop? 



Giuliani nailed it when he said,
"... I think the vice president of the United States has become a laugh line on late night television. I mean, he — I’ve never seen a vice president that has made as many mistakes, said as many stupid things. I mean, there’s a real fear if, God forbid, he ever had to be entrusted with the presidency, whether he really has the mental capacity to handle it. I mean, this guy just isn’t bright. He’s never been bright. He isn’t bright. And people think, ‘Well, he just talks a little too much.’ Actually he’s not very smart."

No comments: