August 17, 2012

Niggerization

I will start off this post by apologizing that I do not know how to put an accent mark over text in Blogger, nor am I about to Google it so that I can accurately type the singular name of some MSNBC hack.

For those keeping score:
Biden's 'put y'all back in chains' comment =  poor choice of phrasing

Romney saying that the president should take his campaign of 'anger, division and hate back to Chicago' = Niggerization
MSNBC goon, Toure, in a Thursday panel discussion, chose to ignore Biden's shackle imagery, which was delivered in an affected Southern drawl, and instead coins a new word to describe the great umbrage he takes with Romney characterizing the president as 'angry'.
“That really bothered me,” he said. “You notice he said anger twice. He’s really trying to use racial coding and access some really deep stereotypes about the angry black man. This is part of the playbook against Obama, the ‘otherization,’ he’s not like us.”
“I know it’s a heavy thing, I don’t say it lightly, but this is ‘niggerization,’” TourĂ© said to the apparent shock of his co-panelists. “You are not one of us, you are like the scary black man who we’ve been trained to fear.”
Call me crazy, but I tend to fear the black man that puts out stuff like this:
If they are white kill ‘em all. Why kill the women? Why kill the babies? They are just innocent blue-eyed babies? Because god dammit they are going to grow up one day to rule your babies. Kill them now. 
Funny how the Dims never manage to publicly denounce the New Black Panther Party and their extremist views.  Funny how they ignore their terroristic threats, violence and intimidation at polling places.  Could there be any more of an in-your-face reminder of the 'angry black man' than having them outside voting locations?

No, Toure, you can blame 'niggerization' on lots of other things, but Mitt Romeny is the least of them. 

Having no prior knowledge of Toure, I did a bit of reading.  As you might have guessed, he isn't the sort of black man that seeks equality, instead being a black supremacist, like his NBPP brethren.  In November, he wrote an essay calling for a new 'black national anthem'. 
Isn’t it time to think about a new black national anthem? I love “Lift Ev’ry Voice,” it’s a moving song, but it was written in 1900 and chosen by the NAACP to be the Negro National Anthem in 1919, and there may be another song that expresses who we are now a little more sharply...
 
... I think there’s a song that can combine the solemnity of an anthem with the soulfulness of the party space. Of course it has to be something deeply evocative of what it means to be black in America. A song that would unite people, make us proud, and tell a righteous story about who we are really are. That’s why I move that our new black national anthem should be Marvin Gaye’s “Trouble Man.”
WTF?  Last time I checked, we had a national anthem, one that isn't specific to any race.  I've sang it alongside people of different races and skin colors - people that were proud of their heritage but believed that being an American is the overriding principle and source of patriotism.

Sure, there are bigots everywhere, but more and more that tide is shifting.  If Toure wants to find the source of division in this country, the ones perpetuating race supremacy and the angry black man persona, I suggest he take a look in the mirror.

1 comment:

CenTexTim said...

There are idiots and extremists on both sides, and I ignore them all. Toure is one of theirs

As for the media, I guess I've become so jaded that crap like this doesn't bother me anymore. I expect one-sided hypocritical behavior by the press, so I'm not surprised or upset anymore when it happens.

Just disappointed...