August 6, 2012

FOD

When did the American Dream become something to attack?  The class warfare being waged by the occupier of the Oval belittles people who work hard and achieve success.  I am fortunate to have a large extended family and friends of all colors, shapes, education levels and socio-economic levels.  I have never stood in a friend's home, envying the trappings of their wealth.  I may admire.  I may appreciate.  I may yearn to have something similar someday.  But I have never thought to myself that those damn successful friends of mine just need to share what they worked for, with me.

MoveOn released an ad this week, a la Mr. Ed, with a talking horse portrayed as being the Ann Romney-owned Olympic dressage horse.  The horse talks about the thousands of dollars spent on his upkeep, while claiming that evil rich Romney wants to take Americans' health care away.

Yes, horses are expensive.  Dressage horses even more so.  Olympic dressage horses, yet again, more so.  The Romneys have built a successful business and investment portfolio and can afford them.  Yes, many of us would spend an extra $77,000 a year on things that seem more sensible - to us.  I can't imagine a standard of living that supports that level of luxury - but nor do I condemn them for having it.  God Bless them and their success. 

I hope that this sort of attack, similar to the 'you didn't build that' claim, will energize a voting base that might have been apathetic before.  I want my country back.

FOD two-fer - I about wet my pants laughing over this one, Robert Gibbs responding to CNN reporter Candy Crowley about Harry Reid's attacks on Romney:
Robert Gibbs: Let's be clear, I don't think anybody controls Harry Reid.

Crowley: But if you asked him to stop, he would.

Gibbs: Again, put the tax returns out. Put this whole thing to rest. Candy, have you ever seen anybody go to such great lengths to not put something out? And when you generally don’t put something out, isn't it because you’re generally hiding something?

"I've never seen anybody jump through more hoops to say, a, somebody is lying, but also not put out a document that would prove what the real truth is," Gibbs also said.
Ummm...shall we talk about the president's birth certificate, academic records, small donor list, Fast and Furious documents...???

No comments: