July 15, 2012

Walking Disaster

Last night there were some storms to our east which resulted in a rather severe outflow boundary that caused some gusty winds as it moved through.  Woke up this morning to find a tree toppled in the yard.  It was a dead tree, and its falling only hastened the cutting and removal of the wood.

I am still hobbling around from my double-fall week, and am now sporting a bandaged finger from a knife accident in the kitchen yesterday.  I probably should have gotten stitches, but, in the grand scheme of things, I just couldn't stomach an emergency room bill.  There is no apparent nerve damage, I got the bleeding stopped and steri-stripped the edges back together, good as new.  As long as I keep my hand above my heart, the throbbing is manageable.  Makes it hard to type, though.

Mr. H is at work this morning, and that tree is lying out there in the yard, mocking me, reminding me that it is only getting hotter with each passing moment.  I have to go to College Station (again) tomorrow morning, so time is of the essence. 

I just can't seem to convince any of the kids to come help me with the chain saw...

No comments: