July 5, 2012

Premature Ignition

I missed out on seeing any fireworks displays yesterday, opting to go see 'Magic Mike' after the day's pool and grill-related festivities wrapped up.  The movie wasn't as funny as I expected, but the scenery was enough to make me feel like I got my ten bucks worth. 

The people of San Diego probably aren't feeling as satisfied this morning.  A reported five hundred thousand people were expected to gather for San Diego's 'Big Day Boom' fireworks show.  That's a lot of disappointed people:
 The "Big Bay Boom" fireworks show at the Port of San Diego went bust in a spectacular way Wednesday night, as the rockets' red glare and bombs bursting in air all went off at once.


Statistically, at least half of the spectators were female, so it wasn't the first (or last) time that they were promised twenty minutes and only got 28 seconds.

4 comments:

CenTexTim said...

So which would you prefer? One great big super-intense explosion that comes and goes quickly, or a more drawn-out series of smaller ones?

Harper said...

I am a quality versus quantity girl - but, I do expect to get what I was promised.

Anonymous said...

Then San Diego grunted and rolled over and went to sleep.

CharlieDelta said...

As usual, I was nowhere to be found when the "big one" went off.

Hell, I didn't even hear about this until a couple days ago...