July 23, 2012

FOD

The current occupier of the Oval Office is a crass, opportunistic, pompous piece of shit.  I think it is fitting for a president to visit survivors and families of the deceased when tragedy strikes.  I do not think it is ever appropriate to head on down to the hospital lobby and give a speech to the media gathered there.  I even more fervently condemn his sharing of personal stories on behalf of those he talked to.  Those are their stories, their memories of loved ones, their tales of heroism.  The most presidential, classy thing you could do would be to duck out of the building quietly and remember to pick up the phone and - again, without media coverage - give those people a call to check up on them a time or two over the next several weeks and months.

2 comments:

CenTexTim said...

What do you want from him? He already interrupted his trip to several west coast fundraisers for a few hours to show how much he cares.

"Crass, opportunistic, pompous piece of shit" is an understatement...

kerrcarto said...

Class A narcissist.

"I'm sure many of you who are parents here had the same reaction I did when I heard this news. My daughters go to the movies. What if Malia and Sasha had been in the theater, as so many of our kids do every day"

Umm, no, that really never even crossed my mind.