July 3, 2012

Double edged swords

I had to do a double take this evening as I put gas in the monster SUV...it was $2.99 a gallon.  I can't remember the last time gas was under three bucks.  I enjoyed the moment for about two heartbeats before thinking that declining gas prices play well for Obama.  That's bad.  I would rather take the hit for a few more months, if it means moving day for Blowie come January.

I needn't have worried.  I was just a couple of miles down the road when this story hit my news feed:
Oil prices shot up Tuesday on fresh tensions over Iran, where lawmakers threatened to shut the Strait of Hormuz in retaliation for oil sanctions, and after a strike shuttered production in Norway.
I guess I owe the Iranians and striking Norwegians a bit of thanks.

It makes me giggle, quite a bit, seeing all these things that are clearly part of the Obama master plan getting knocked down.  Blowie's opinion on gay marriage 'emerged', yet his big announcement didn't lead to the bump in the polls, or a pile of campaign donations.  Blowie granted amnesty to illegal aliens, yet his poll numbers don't show a bump from Hispanics.  In fact, farmers are clamoring for help to harvest their crops, but can't get enough workers.
A crackdown on illegal immigration, more job opportunities in Mexico and rising fees charged by smugglers are reducing the number of workers who cross the U.S. border illegally each year to help make up more than 60 percent of U.S. farmworkers.
The American Farm Bureau Federation projects $5 billion to $9 billion in annual produce-industry losses because of the labor shortages, which have become commonplace for farmers such as Torrey, who said there were 10 applicants for every job five years ago.
I am sure that, if he had the ability, Blowie had been keeping gas prices artificially high, and right when he decides to ease up, Iran goes and launches some missiles.  I would love to see the look on Blowie's face during those briefings.

And, while not his fault, nor germaine to the campaign topic, this little gem made my day and highlights the ineptitude of the left:
A veteran lawmaker in North Carolina says she pushed the wrong button late Monday night  in a marathon legislative session and accidentally opened up the state to fracking.
Rep. Becky Carney, a five-term Democrat from Charlotte, burst into tears after mistakenly voting with Republicans to override Democratic Gov. Bev Perdue’s veto of the contentious legislation. The measure lifts the ban on hydraulic fracturing as a means for mining for natural gas.
I am sure those tears were for all the trees that will die and water that will be poisoned by the job creating evil oil and gas companies.
/www.star-telegram.com/2012/07/02/4075193/american-farms-face-shortage-of.html#storylink=misearch#storylink=cpy

No comments: