May 31, 2012

Our apologies

To the people of Poland:

I am so very sorry.  I am sorry that the man holding the title of President of the United States doesn't have the balls to immediately and irrevocably take responsibility for the words that came out of his own mouth.  I wouldn't take the White House's word for it that he simply 'misspoke'.  He probably could be stupid enough to think that there were Polish Concentration Camps.

I have visited your country several times.  I didn't say "your lovely country", because, well, as of a decade ago, it was just beginning to show some color and life after years of communism.  There were small bright spots beginning to emerge from the Communist gray that permeated the cities.  The people were and are lovely, though.  There are many wonderful products - all of my dishes are Polish pottery, I have baskets and crystal from your country, as well. 

I also visited those camps that the president misspoke about.  I know how the citizens of your country feel about them.  I appreciate the roles your people took in the liberation of those camps and the preservation of them for historical and memorial purposes. 

I do not know why my president isn't tripping over himself to get on television, radio and the phone to your government's leaders to apologize thoroughly and profusely.  I have no weight or voice in my country, nor do I mean anything to you, but I am sorry.  Profoundly sorry. 


Bóg was błogosławić i pamiętanie. Szalom.

1 comment:

CenTexTim said...

As an unofficial representative of the Polish people, I say Dziękuję.

We understand. The idiot in the White House probably doesn't even know who fought on what side in WWII.