March 19, 2012

Use that Print Screen button before they scrub it all...

Earlier today I read several news links about the president's daughter, Malia Obama, vacationing in Oaxaca, Mexico for spring break.

Several of the stories mentioned the violence that has been occurring in Mexico for the past several years.  Many mentioned the travel warnings for United States citizens.  All of them mentioned that there were 25 Secret Service agents accompanying Miss Obama and her 12 friends.

The stories have disappearedThe Blaze reported on it earlier, but I thought they were crazy.  I had seen all the stories with my own eyes!  I opened my browsing history and started clicking.  They are all gone.  Way gone.  Some aren't very well scrubbed.  Just like The Blaze shows, many of the pages have the same links, but a different story comes up.

The Daily Caller also notes:
Since the story was first reported, it appears to have been scrubbed from a number of news outlets. The Huffington Post, International Business Times, The Australian, The Telegraph and Global Grind have all removed the article, and AFP, which initially reported the story, now links to an unrelated story on “Sengalese superstar Youssou Ndour.”

The URL says Obama Spring Break, but the story is something different.


Clicking this link goes right back to the home page.  No story to see here, move along, move along.

I could understand that the 'leaking' of the itinerary might cause some concern.  I am no security genius, but I would think the most prudent course of action would be to leave the leaked itinerary on the internet for all the world to see, and change the actual itinerary.

Why is the entire story disappearing from the internet?  The Obamas have never shied away from spending millions of taxpayer dollars on vacations for themselves, their friends, family and dog. 

Conveniently, my husband is fluent in Spanish.  Boom is in her fifth year of Spanish and is fairly conversational.  I've been in Texas long enough to have a decent command of the language.  So, I clicked over to 'Yahoo en Espanol' and entered the same search terms, 'Malia Obama Oaxaca'.  Boom, baby.  Jackpot.


And there are recent photos:

I am not crediting the photog lest he end up with a broken camera.  From here.

I found one story in English that they missed.  I printed the screen, as the link seems likely to disappear:


My God.  I am not a conspiracy theorist, but this is so unavoidable and unbelievable.  Who has this power?  Seriously? Read the list of publications that have not just taken the story down, but AREN'T SCREAMING ABOUT FREEDOM OF THE PRESS.

They say that Obama won an election with his savvy use of the internet and social media.  Use the same to show how he is trying to manipulate the press - hell, the world - with this secretive disappearing story bullshit.

3 comments:

CenTexTim said...

There goes my post for mañana.

Gracias por nada.

Here's another link on the topic.

Also, I think I saw the story in a print version of the San Antonio paper. I'll have to dig through the recycle bin and see if I can find it.

Weird, huh?

Harper said...

Post your story, there needs to be more documentation of this censorship.

kerrcarto said...

Just imagine if BushHitler had done this. The libs would be running around with their hair ablaze screaming censorship.