February 22, 2012

Tuning out

I am avoiding the television and internet news like the plague.  I do not want to hear the GOP debate.  More specifically, I do not want to hear any media hack's interpretation or analysis of the debate.  I really don't give a rat's ass.  It matters very little who is on the ballot in March (for my state's primary) and then again in November.  I know which candidate I most align with and I will vote for him as long as his name is listed, and if/when it isn't on the ballot, I will vote for whoever isn't Obama.

Instead of the scintillating debate post mortem, I am entertaining myself with this:
Tyler police are asking for help in finding a beauty shop owner wanted for allegedly performing an illegal breast augmentation.
A 26-year-old Longview woman is hospitalized in critical condition after she said she underwent the procedure one week ago in the back room of Queen Divas Hair Salon and Spa, 102 East Martin Luther King Street, in Tyler.
What is it with people thinking they can get plastic surgery in a back room?  First it was the Fix-a-Flat booty and now we have some unknown substance injected for a boob job.  Do these people really know so little about anatomy to think that you can just inject something and it will stay there?  Have they never seen an implant? 

There is some correlation between the two different topics of this post, but I will let you connect those dots.

No comments: