February 4, 2012

Looking Forward

My 'job' is producing a music festival for a non-profit foundation.  In the course of my work, people often tell me that I 'made their year'.  They look forward to the event so much that hearing the news or getting their tickets makes them giddy.  I have always just smiled to myself, thinking 'different strokes for different folks' - because it certainly isn't my thing and I can't imagine how someone would put my festival at the top of their 'best moments of the year' list.

But then the word I love to hear appeared on the Criplet's blog....'Blownstar'.  And it made my year.  Not just the calendar year, but pretty much the year since the last time I got to gather with my blogging friends.

It wasn't much later that I read about CD coming to Texas on his relocation fact finding mission.  And Paul and his kiddos have arrived safe and set up house in their new Texas 'hood.  I couldn't be happier for all of them - and I can't wait to see them all this summer.

I think it is hard to instill in kids, not just a work ethic, but an understanding that many good things in life are worth the wait and effort.  Five years ago if you would have told me that I would walk into a blogmeet of complete strangers that I met on the internet and leave considering them some of the greatest people I have ever known, I would have called you crazy.  But they are great, and we are all a little crazy.  And I can't wait to see them all together again.

2 comments:

Paul said...

*BELLLLLLCH* Blownstar baby!!!

CharlieDelta said...

"Five years ago if you would have told me that I would walk into a blogmeet of complete strangers that I met on the internet and leave considering them some of the greatest people I have ever known..."

I felt the same way after my first one. Well, up until I met Paul anyways...LMAO! Just kiddin' bro! I am a lookin' forward to Blownstar this year myself. Having missed the last one is going to make this years even better!

CANNONBALL!!!!