January 17, 2012

Secrets

Have you ever been asked to keep a confidence that, once revealed, will out you as knowing about it beforehand and result in hurt feelings? How did that work out for you?

Thank goodness the confidence was shared with one other person, so we have been able to commiserate.  And I told my husband, though he doesn't appreciate the ramifications of the situation.  It was nice to be able to say it out loud.  It didn't make it better, but it did make it less surreal.

Tomorrow the rest of the interested parties will get the news and, along with it, the realization that some of us knew it was coming.  Now, some people will scrutinize a situation like this and think, 'Wow, Harper is trustworthy to be able to keep something like quiet for a friend.' 

Unfortunately, most people will wonder what else I am keeping from them.  Oh well, I just have to keep reminding myself that the judgement that really matters isn't the one received here on earth.

3 comments:

Paul said...

Now it's killing me! I wanna know your secret!

CenTexTim said...

Really. Now we're all wondering what you're keeping from us.

kerrcarto said...

No shit. you sound like my brother in law. He would come to work and tell us he had a secret he couldn't tell us. THe rest of the day was spent bugging him until he finally spilled the beans and 99% of the time it was something we all already knew.