January 5, 2012

Not yet recovered

The surgery went swimmingly, though I don't have real specifics on what they found.  Mr H should have taken notes.  He remembers hearing torn meniscus, though not which one.  Significant damage under the knee cap and arthritis in the joint.  I will get the details and pictures in a couple of weeks when I see the doc.

My knee doesn't really hurt much, but I feel like crap.  I had an allergic reaction to one of the drugs they gave me.  We aren't sure which one, because there are two possibilities.  I am allergic to penicillin, and the gave me Keflex, which is a distant cousin.  The hives and nausea started right after the second dose of morphine.  So, one or the other, doesn't matter to me, I just want to feel better.

Hopefully tomorrow I will be up and around more, and able to offer my thoughts on that thing they did in Iowa.

2 comments:

Paul said...

Damn, haven't been on your blog in a few. WTF! Not you, too! All my friends are either sick or in the hospital or day surgery...

Get back on your feet sweets! Praying for you.

InsomniacSeeker said...

glad your knee isn't hurting. hope you heal quickly. Allergic reactions are the worst. Get well soon.

Tina