October 20, 2011

Qaddafi Dead, and I am left to wonder...

As the news broke this morning, I was listening to the radio in my car.  I heard the jubilation, the yelling in the streets, the horns honking.  I wonder about our 'civilized' society here in the United States.  How can we keep taking part in the execution of what we define as authoritative regimes, yet ignore the direction our government is going?  How can we share in the celebration of the death of a man that we think has harmed many, yet ignore the decades of damage being inflicted by our own president?

Would there be dancing in the streets if our president was assassinated?  Would it be any more right or wrong to celebrate the death of someone that I feel is leading an authoritative regime?  My ideals, morals, values, worth and sense of security have been plundered at every turn by Democratic leadership at every level.  Why am I a target of the liberal hate machine, when turning the tables on them would be considered so much mutiny?

I suppose the best we can do is hope for a celebration next November and the following January.

1 comment:

H2o said...

Lmao! I said the say thing.....